Tuesday 11 February 2014

Off-topic Tuesday - Hair today...

...gone tomorrow! That's right, I finally went for the chop! As much as I LOVED my red/purple ombre over the summer, my hair was not meant for bleaching and it left it in awful condition, faded super quickly and was really hard to care for. Add to that it went green when I tried to dye over it and Mr NN took to calling me Grotbags and I had to lop it off. So I did, and this is the result!

Before...


And after!

Bit different, no?! I am thrilled with it though! I asked the hair dresser for a side-swept crop with one side longer than the other and she just got it straight away and wet to work! A few days later I added a purple colour to hide my (fast multiplying) greys and cover the last few green-tinged ends, and I just love it. I'm still getting the hang of blow-drying it myself, but for a girl who usually just tips her head upside-down and blasts it with the dryer, I don't think I'm doing too bad!



I'll do a post in a few weeks on how I style it and what products I use, but for now, what do you think? Have you ever had a drastic chop?

Hx

Disclaimer - I suck at taking pictures of my own face. Sorry!
Pin It

4 comments:

  1. I love it! It totally suits you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks great! I've had very short hair for years, from when I was 18 until I was about 28 or so, then grew it long (for my wedding), chopped it and had a bob for a few years, and now I am letting it grow again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks fab :) I had hair past BSL and had it chopped shorter than this, mostly I noticed my neck and ears getting cold and it seemed to take me longer to do anything with. My hair is now almost tailbone length and I am sure I will end up cutting it short again :p

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I haven't gone that drastic, you are brave, but it paid off, you're rockin' it!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! I appreciate them all :) I'll do my best to answer any questions, but if you just can't wait feel free to contact me via email or Twitter!