Tuesday 7 January 2014

The return of the Tri-Polish Challenge! Red, Orange and Yellow

Hi!

Hooray, it's time for the first challenge of 2014, and the return of the Tri-Polish Challenge. I dabbled with the TPC last year and found it a lot of fun, so I'm joining in again and the rules are slightly different. The basic premise is to create 4 (or 5, depending where Tuesdays fall) mani's a month using the same 3 colours (last year you had to use the same polishes all month, but it's been relaxed a little). Last year, we posted on the last two Tuesday and Thursdays of the month, but this has been spread out so we post each Tuesday instead. Got it? Well, this month's colours are red, orange and yellow, and we are also allowed to use black, white, silver, gold and glitter toppers and I started off with some stamper decals that went a little bit wrong...

The polishes I used were A England Bridal Veil and Orly Au Champagne as the base, stamped with Konad White and Black Pearl, and the decals were made with Konad Black, Barry M Blood Orange and Mango, and Models Own Lemon Meringue and Nailz Craze plate NC03. (For a how-to on the decals, have a peek at my video tutorial.) The decals didn't apply very well and look a bit messy, but you get the idea. I love the little Russian dolls and I'm thrilled they fit my nails now!






If you'd like to join in the Tri Polish Challenge, head over to Crumpets Nail Tarts on Facebook and join in! And look out for the second CNT challenge on Thursday, something completely new, but old at the same time ;)

Hx
Pin It

3 comments:

  1. These are really cool! The stamp you used for your base is super pretty! Lovely job (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. They all look so sad! I guess I haven't ever paid enough attention to nesting dolls to decide if that's a realistic expression? BUT OTHERWISE... lovely job! The layered stamping just looks so intricate.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! I appreciate them all :) I'll do my best to answer any questions, but if you just can't wait feel free to contact me via email or Twitter!