Saturday 14 September 2013

Storage Saturday - Nail Polish

Hello!

Since I'm (slowly) getting back into blogging more regularly I thought I'd start a mini-series and share with you how I store my ever expanding nail and beauty supplies, starting with the biggie; nail polish. Since I restarted my nail polish collection a few years ago my stash has expanded from 23 to over 800...oops! I store it all in a chest of drawers under the stairs - fairly safe from small hands and it keeps it out of the sight (and mind) of Mr NN. I dread to think how much I've spent in the last few years, but it's somewhat comforting to know that there are people out there worse than me...isn't there? Please tell me there are people worse than me!



These are the drawers I store my polish in (excuse the mess!)



The two drawers above the cupboard section, the two next to it and the two bottom drawers are all full of polish!

And, drawer by drawer:

The first two drawers contain my sets and untrieds.



Mostly OPI mini sets, but there's also an Orly mini set, some Beauty UK sets and Color Club sets from TK Maxx.


The untried drawer of doom... The topmost pink basket is full of indies, and there are OPI, China Glaze, Orly, Illamasqua, Nails Inc and lots of other pretties in there. I'm so ashamed!

The next drawer down holds my reds and oranges. It was meant to house the yellows too, but there wasn't room!


Greens and blues take over the next drawer.


Then purples and pinks (I seem to have had a pink buying spree lately), with a wee row of yellow in the middle.


And lastly, everything else! White (including flakie and shimmer topcoats), black, grey and silver, nude, brown and gold, and then multi-glitter that doesn't really fit in anywhere else. 


Phew! That's a lot of polish. Now it's all arranged again, I need to order some swatch sticks and get them all swatched so I can see what dupes I have and what I could bear to part with...might take me a while!

So, that's my polish stash. I always enjoy looking at other people's and it's been a while since I updated it, so I hope it's been interesting. Next Saturday I'll show you how I store my nail tools and nail art supplies - there's less of that, you'll be pleased to hear!

Hx
Pin It

11 comments:

  1. Omgg! how much polish! love it!
    The whole cabinet is full of polish?
    Yeah I see the nail polish list. AA you move to! ok? :) :)
    http://juditnailpolishblog.blogspot.hu/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm salivating right about now! My little stash of 200 and something is feeling mighty small, so if you plan on doing a blog sale eventually, I may start saving now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blog sale seems like a good idea but I struggle to part with them!xx

      Delete
  3. Great post, really enjoyed reading it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. everyone loves seeing this sort of post - it helps us feel better about ourselves and not so weird!! lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep! I still feel a bit weird, but better ;)

      Delete
  5. Good organization is key to knowing what you have...well done!

    I made a swatch book to carry in my purse & I make a polish-sicle (fake nails hot glued to popsicle sticks) for each polish. With 1000+ lil bottles of colorful goodness (that's where I stopped counting lol), keeping track is essential. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Over 800 ;) my collection is much much smaller;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! I appreciate them all :) I'll do my best to answer any questions, but if you just can't wait feel free to contact me via email or Twitter!