Monday 9 September 2013

Purple Pointers and an untried mountain...

Evening all :)

Today I have a simple manicure to show you, and it comes as a result of being completely overwhelmed! I'm in the process of tidying up all my nail supplies - nail art bits and bobs, stamping plates, and polishes. So, I decided it would be a good idea to gather up all my untried polishes from where they were scattered about the house and put them all in one place. Yeah. Stupid idea. I remember when ALL of my polishes and associated diatribe fitted in this drawer (ok, so it's a distant memory but still.) There are so many beautiful polishes in this drawer, hard to find indies, much loved presents from friends, and polishes I lusted after for ages. And it doesn't include the untried OPI minis I have in sets that I've collected. The shame!



Anyway, I pulled out this drawer last night, thinking I'd find something I NEEDED to wear immediately. You'd think that would be the case, but no. Nothing grabbed me by the collar and shook any sense into me whatsoever. I must be broken. I eventually came up with this combination, that actually went together perfectly. Phew! This is Vivid Lacquer Theoretical Blogger (I sometimes feel that way...) with an accent nail of Models Own Amethyst from their brand new Velvet Goth collection (can't stop stroking the lids!) Theoretical Blogger took 3 coats and Amethyst took 2, although you might get away with one if you were careful. Just a word about this collection; Models Own are marketing them as textured polishes but to my mind they're not. They're matte glitters and to me they need topcoat to bring out the sparkle in the polish. A little disappointing, but still prettyful.






They go together quite nicely, I think. Purple is my favourite colour - if you follow me on Instagram you'll see something else that I've coloured purple, and there might be a post about it next week...

Anything in my untried stash catch your eye?

Hx
Pin It

4 comments:

  1. Lovely, great purple polish combo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this combo! Especially love the pale purple speckle glitter <3 Hoping to get one of the Velvet Goth polishes next weekend myself! X

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty! I love these shades of purple!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! I appreciate them all :) I'll do my best to answer any questions, but if you just can't wait feel free to contact me via email or Twitter!