Sunday 1 September 2013

Adventures in Stamping - Tone on tone

Afternoon polish lovers!

It's Sunday and that means it's Adventures in Stamping time. This weeks theme was tone on tone, so we had to create a mani using different tones of the same colour. I chose green, and used Sinful Colors Kissy as the base (lovely, greeny blue jelly base with green and gold flakies) and stamped with Color Club Perfect Mol-ten, a green foil. The stamp I used was Cheeky CH10 to give it a sort of under the sea/mermaid/fish scales look. I love the result. I was going to try something to fancy it up, with some glequins or loose glitter, but I left it plain.




Here's a swatch of Kissy on it's own. It really is lovely. It's of the same ilk as OPI Catch Me In Your Net, Zoya Charla or the UK Dupe Accessorize Mermaid, so if you have any of those you probably don't need this one. On the other hand, if you don't have any of those, this one is cheaper ;) Also, these kind of polishes have a tendency to stain, so be careful there. I hope I've avoided this by using a sheer nude underneath but we shall see when I take it off later! I will report back...



Actually for once I'm pretty pleased with these swatches, I do think they give a true representation on the polish. Now if only I could figure out a way to bottle the early morning sunshine for all of my photos...

Hx
Pin It

3 comments:

Thanks for your comments! I appreciate them all :) I'll do my best to answer any questions, but if you just can't wait feel free to contact me via email or Twitter!