Thursday 26 July 2012

NOTD – Sunburned Zebra...



Hi everyone!

I've gotten into neons a wee bit lately, and was playing around with my new stripers and this manicure was born. Don't call me Snooki, but it was just a little bit Jersey Shore (love that show, but really don't think I can pull it off....) I loved it though, while Mr NN thought it was more sunburned zebra than funky neon animal print...




The base colour is Color Club Poptastic, eyescorching neon pink, and the stripes were done with a black striper polish. It was surprisingly easy to create the stripes, although my topcoat smudged it badly before I realised and used a different one. Has anyone else found the Color Club topcoats that come in the sets to do this? This was the next morning too, so the polish was definitely dry! I switched to Poshe and all was fine. I even tried using the CC topcoat on a magnetic polish the other day, and it wiped the pattern away! Might be helpful in blending a gradient I guess...

Hx
Pin It

3 comments:

  1. looks good - quick and easy nail art! i like the name sunburned zebra :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol @ Mr NN's comment :) looks great!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! I appreciate them all :) I'll do my best to answer any questions, but if you just can't wait feel free to contact me via email or Twitter!