Thursday 5 April 2012

Purple Crumpet Fairy Challenge - Maundy Thursday

Hello again!

Today is Maundy Thursday, a very religious day in the Christian calendar as it was the day of Jesus' last supper with his desciples. It's also traditionally a day that alms are collected for the poor. Short of recreating Da Vinci's Last Supper on my nails (yeah right) I had no idea what to do. So I created this simple "coin" manicure using OPI Skull and Glossbones as the base and Barry M Gold and Silver foil for the coins. As an accent nail I did a coat of gold foil and topped it with ELF Golden Goddess. And Ta Da! Alms for the poor...




I just randomly dotted the coins on, using a large dotting tool, but if I were to do it again I might place them a little less hotch potch!

On a side note, I really love Skull and Glossbones, more than I thought I would. I can't describe it but I just love how it makes my hands look. Except for the really red middle finger in these pics, what's going on with that?!

Hx
Pin It

1 comment:

Thanks for your comments! I appreciate them all :) I'll do my best to answer any questions, but if you just can't wait feel free to contact me via email or Twitter!