Tuesday 24 January 2012

NOTD - Sinful Colors Amethyst with bargain duochrome topcoat!

Hi loves,

I am seriously stony broke at the moment, so there will be no polish buying for a while. I had a little spree last week, on ebay and in cheap shops and picked up this little beauty in Bodycare - a no-frills beauty/pharmacy type shop. I was there looking for Technic polishes as I heard they had a Rainbow Connection dupe and a silver holo for under £2 (post on that soon) and spotted this. I usually avoid sheer pearly shades like this because although I fear I am getting old (30 next week - eeek!) I do not like granny hands, but this had just a hint of duo chrome to it that made me look twice. I actually left it and went back later, and I'm glad I did. It's called Opal and is by Body Collection apparently, although I've never heard of them. I'm sure it was around £1.40 - so quite a bargainous bargain. I tested it over around 10 colours on a nail wheel before I decided to layer it over Sinful Colors Amethyst (which I got in a swap from Jasmine after I saw it on her blog and decided it was my perfect purple) but my darling son (well one of them) snapped them all off so I can't show you that. It looked great over grey, navy blue and bright green too though. Here it is over Amethyst:





The formula was quite thick so it did mute the colour of the base polish down quite a bit, but I enjoyed wearing it - until my middle finger peeled off in a big sheet again. Sigh.

Just a quick note, I have added an RSS feed button and a follow by email widget to my side bar along with the Blog lovin', Facebook, Twitter and GFC ones. I thought with the change coming to GFC in March it would make sense. If you get any problems with them please let me know!

Hx
Pin It

1 comment:

  1. That looks fab! There's a Bodycare near me but I've never actually been in, definitely going to go check it out now though.

    Also, I've tagged you for the Cute Blog award: http://littleredloves.blogspot.com/2012/01/cute-blog-award.html

    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! I appreciate them all :) I'll do my best to answer any questions, but if you just can't wait feel free to contact me via email or Twitter!